- Material : 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Undercoating (optional) : Clear Chromate Coating (all surfaces)
- Paint (optional) : DuPont® Matte Black Powder Coat Paint (except bottom)
- Paint Thickness : 2.5 mils ± 0.5 mils.
- Fin Count : 19 including the two end bolsters
- Fin Cross Section : 3.2 mm (1/8″)
- End Bolster Cross Section : 6.0 mm (15/64″)
- Fin Height : 12.3 mm (31/64″)
- Baseplate Thickness : 6.7 mm (17/64″)
Surface area doesn’t tell the whole story! The Cooler KX™ profile – meaning its fin height, fin count, and fin spacing – is optimized for performance in the absence of forced air cooling, where conventional wisdom dictates that there’s a point of diminishing returns, beyond which, adding more fins actually reduces performance because …
- Too narrow a fin spacing restricts convective air circulation.
- Most of the heat radiated by the fins gets reabsorbed (by adjacent fins).
|Cooler KX Lite™||Cooler KX Plus™|
|Dissipation†||8.4 Watts||10.6 Watts|
|Weight||165 g (5.82 oz)||198 g (6.98 oz)|
|Surface Area – Painted‡||258.27 cm² (40.03 inch²)||330.82 cm² (51.28 inch²)|
|Surface Area – Unpainted‡||256.54 cm² (39.76 inch²)||329.06 cm² (51.00 inch²)|
|Baseplate Depth||3.2 cm (1 1/4″)||4.1✱ cm (1.615″)|
|Fin Depth||3.2 cm (1 1/4″)||4.0✱ cm (1.590″)|
|Overall Height||1.9 cm (3/4″)||1.9 cm (3/4″)|
|Overall Length||17.9 cm (7 1/16″)||17.9 cm (7 1/16″)|
† Theoretical, at an ambient temperature of 24° C (75° F) assuming a uniform 60° C (140° F) baseplate temperature and that the only airflow is from convection.
‡ Estimated (not accounting for smoothed/rounded edges and gullets).
✱ The depth of the Plus model was increased in July 2014. (Previously both depths were 1.5″.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.